We know that at its center the Earth has a "core" and at its "core" the Earth rotates on an axis. If this "core axis" is removed for any reason, the Earth will violently explode because it will have lost the one thing keeping it all together. Our lives are no different in that we must find and maintain the one thing that can and will give our life meaning and purpose and hold it all together when we seem to be falling apart. That thing is a person and his name is Jesus. Jesus is our "axis" on which we build our "core." Below is our "core" as a group of Jesus Followers, we call it our Vision Framework:
To make and deploy mature and equipped followers of Christ for the sake of Family, Community, and the Kingdom of God.
- God's Word - Discipleship is rooted in God's Word and our obedience to it; therefore effective teaching of God's Word on Sunday morning, in our small groups, and in each of our ministries is vital. Beliefs, practices, priorities, and our mission are to be anchored in clear biblical teachings.
- Family - Focusing on family events, integrating families into ministry, teaching and modeling family roles (husband, mother, child, etc.) are all vital elements.
- Serving and Ministry - We believe that evangelism is the role of every Christian. God has gifted each of us to serve one another and we believe that all believers are ministers and should be in ministry using their gifts to serve others.
- Community among Believers - We value community among believers. True Biblical community provides an environment among believers where spiritual growth, ministry and accountability flourish.
- Prayer - The primary mark of a true believer is that he ‘seeks God’ with all his heart. A believer is marked by a life of prayer. Therefore, we value reliance on prayer for direction, planning and execution of the ministries and activities of this church.
- Generosity – True stewardship is measured by our ability to give. God gives us increase so that we may increase our giving.
Our Vision is two-fold -
•To connect people to each other and to Jesus, creating community groups in every neighborhood in our city.
•To plant new churches locally, regionally, and globally; increasing the Kingdom of God by multiplication.
Our strategy is to meet new people daily/weekly and have fellowship groups that feed discussion groups which in turn feed study/worship/service groups -- all of which feed the mission.
The “Win” –
We know that we are winning when we see those we reach, displaying Christ-like behavior in daily life and seeking themselves, to see other’s lives changed in the same way.